Travel Plan Coordinator
The appointment of a Travel Plan Coordinator is crucial to your account, as there must be a point of contact to negotiate the successful implementation of the Travel Plan.
Responsibilities of the Travel Plan Coordinator:
- presenting a business case to secure a budget for Travel Plan development
- overseeing the development and implementation of the Travel Plan on a day to day basis
- obtaining and maintaining commitment and support from senior managers, staff, union representatives etc.
- designing and implementing effective marketing and awareness-raising campaigns to promote the Travel Plan
- coordination of Steering Groups, Working Groups etc
- undertaking annual post-occupation household surveys, promoting the survey to residents to ensure a good level of participation
- liaising with external organisations (e.g. local authorities)
- coordinating the monitoring programme for the Travel Plan, including target setting and making necessary changes if the targets are not being met
Focus Groups are also a great way to include residents and encourage them to take part and have their say in the Travel Plan process. Involving and listening to them will help inspire them.