Encouraging public transport & car sharing
You can help promote public transport and car sharing within your development. Here are some ideas that residents could be encouraged to do:
- Join Kent Journey Share - a free car sharing platform which tells you if someone is travelling your way.
- Plan their journeys on Kent Connected, a sustainable travel planning website which will also give you extra information on travelling sustainably in your area.
You, as the developer, could also:
- Print and promote the most up to date public transport timetables and ensure these are available for staff and visitors.
- Provide shuttle buses that link to railway stations and town centres.
- Encourage your residents to use public transport for business travel.
Did you know that Ashford International, Canterbury West and Tonbridge rail stations have cycle hire facilities? Residents could hire a Brompton bike for just £2.50 per day.